Oral Poetry Today
Friday, 15 February @ 4pm
A practitioners’ workshop gathering slam artists, poets, and analysts from the academic world and the cultural economy.
What is the role and importance of oral poetry today? Are oral poetry and written poetry interconnected? Is slam a continuation of the tradition or a new genre?
Those questions and others will be addressed by our speakers:
- Camille Faucherre, slam artist (Lille, France)
- James Wheale, slam artist (UK)
- Llyr Lewis (poet, Wales)
- Glenn Carmichael (Poetry Slam, Bristol)
- Bohdan Pasieki (Apples and Snakes)
- Donatella Dubourg (La Générale d’Imaginaire, Lille, France)
- Llion Roberts (poet, Wales, and Cardiff University)
- Monika Hennemann (Cardiff University)
- Cristina Marinetti (Cardiff University)
- Alexis Nuselovici (Nouss) (Cardiff University)
The event will take place in Rooms 1.07/1.08 of the Optometry Building, Cardiff University.
For more information : Anne James, JamesA@cardiff.ac.uk